Your donations support the daily costs of the Sharing Place including the purchase of perishable food items on a weekly basis. We have good relationships with several vendors at the Ontario Food Terminal, and are able to purchase fresh food at good prices.
As a Canadian Registered Charity (132943028 RR0001) we would be pleased to offer you a tax receipt at the end of the year. As you can see from our yearly filings, we spend almost all of our money on our charitable programs.
We have several ways that you can donate:
Please use this email address email@example.com for your Interac e-transfers. This account is setup to automatically received funds, so there is no need for any security questions.
In a little more detail, the procedure is:
- Log in to your financial institution's online or mobile banking and navigate to Interac e-Transfer Send Money. (See a list of participating financial institutions here).
- Select the account you would like the funds transferred from. Add or select a recipient and fill out our name (“The Sharing Place”) and e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Type in the amount you are sending. For the message (if this is your first donation) type in your name, email address and mailing address, so that we are able to send you a Tax Receipt at the end of the year.
Mail a cheque payable to “The Sharing Place” to 624 Annette Street, Toronto, ON M6S 2C4.
We are happy to accept donations through Canada Helps. Please see our donation form here.
We are always in need of non-perishable food items. The below five are some of our staples but all non-perishable food items are greatly appreciated.
- Kraft Dinner
- Canned Fruit
- Hearty Soup
- Chilli or Stew
We accept food donations on Thursdays between 10 a.m. — 1 p.m.
Our clients appreciate access to the gently used clothing that is donated. Due to limited storage space unfortunately we can not accept furniture. Drop off is available Tuesday mornings from 9 a.m.—11 a.m. & Thursdays 10 a.m.—1 p.m. or contact us to set up another time.
The Sharing Place wouldn't be able to accomplish what it does without a dedicated group of volunteers.
Would you like to give of your time? Here are a few suggestions.
- Organize a fundraising event.
- Come with your family or group to provide a meal.
- Food Collection through out the week.
- Sorting Clothing.
- Get your 40 volunteer hours on a Thursday night.
Please contact the Sharing Place for more information. If you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis please complete a volunteer application form. This can either be done by completing this online form or by printing this paper form, filling it out, and returning it to us. You can either email a scanned copy to us, or drop it off.